Mvumi Institute of Health Sciences
"The Love of Jesus Christ Compels Us"
Wednesday , 30 Sep 2020
Diploma in Pharmaceutical Scienses
Sep , 2020
VISION AND MISSION OF THE TRAINING PROGRAMME
To have competent pharmaceutical personnel who will provide pharmaceutical
services effectively in different health care settings and cope with existing and
emerging health issues.
To establish conducive and sustainable training environment that will allow students and graduates to perform competently at their relevant levels and aspire for attainment of higher knowledge,skills and attitudes in promoting health,preventing diseases and caring for clients in all settings.
AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Aim of the Programme
The programme aim is to achieve the following goals:
- To form a flexible course that is responsive to dynamic and rapidly changing
world of work and the societ.
- To provide pharmaceutical knowledge,skills and behaviours vital to learners,
employers and thecommunity.
- To entice self-realisation and team wor kskills that enable graduates to perform
efficiently and aspire for higher level training.
- To build capacity to participate in the implementation of National Health Policy
and its accompanying operational guidelines;and
- To propagate and promote moral,legal and ethical conduct among
pharmaceutical personnel and other health workers within the pharmacy
profession and national legal framework.
The objectives of this programme are to:
- Form a career advancement in pharmacy practice and an operational role for pharmaceutical management in health care service delivery.
- Impart appropriate knowledge,skills and attitudes relevant to pharmacy
practice in relation to preventive and curative health care services in the
- Steer creativity and innovativeness in response to challenges inherent in
pharmacy practice and health care delivery;
- Inculcate a culture of team work,build critical thinking and problem solving
skills in pharmacy and health care practice.
- Inculcate sense of citizenship,professionalism,accountability and
responsibility in provision of health care services;
- Stimulate life-long learning behaviour for pharmaceutical personnel and
advancement of pharmacy profession; and
- Provide an international out look of the learning content and context so as to
widen learners’ advantage into regional and international labour market.
Theminimum entry qualification of the candidate shall be Certificate of Secondary
Education Examination(CSEE) with minimum of "D" passes in Chemistry,Biology,
Physics and "D" pass in Mathematics or English.
@2020 copyright- Mvumi Institute of Health Sciences
Designed and Implemented by IT-Department, Mvumi Institute of Health Sciences